Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Gym, The Horsemen, and Something That Might Happen

It's been a while. Sorry, I've been getting my workout on, and school and work. You know, normal university stuff. I've been trying to get really into going to classes at the gym because you can't leave in the middle of a class and I have a funny feeling if I just went to like run or something I'd get bored and leave. If I can do the class for free, why not go? I've gotten really into doing the Pilates classes on Wednesday mornings. It's a great class but unfortunately to go I have to get up at 5:30 in the a.m. I know, it's painfully early but it's totally worth it. I also tried a step class, which was fun but the instructor wasn't that great. Might try it again just to make sure it was the instructor and not me being dumb.

On the social side of life, I got back together with the four horsemen yesterday. Don't worry, I'm not planning an apocalypse. It's just me and people from the orchestra last year. There are four of us and we nicknamed ourselves the Four Horsemen, and then each of us is named for one of the horsemen. For example, I'm War. Unfortunately, there were only three of us there last night but it was good times. Nice to be reminded that, yeah, I'm important. I've just been having one of those blah weeks where I seem to disappear from existence. Plus I'm having one of those MONTHS in single-hood where it's like everywhere you look there are happy couples and you can't do anything about it. And you're just alone. While everyone else is happy with someone, you're just alone reading your book trying to pretend it doesn't really matter. Sorry, I'll stop whining, who wants to read that anyway.

On the flip side of that, I've been talking to this really cute guy lately. He's in second year too, but I'm pretty sure he's a year younger than me. He's cute (kind of looks like James Franco) and he's smart (he's going for an honors specialization in psychology) and you know all of those things that people hope for. I guess I kind of like him but I'm not going to come out and say something until it seems like he kind of likes me back. Because it seems like every time I do come out and say something, it's just like "oh that's nice" and we keep going and friends and I get over myself. I don't know if it'll actually go anywhere but I guess I'll keep you posted. Other than all this, which really isn't that much, school and work have been pretty much the same since the last time I posted so I won't waste your time with the meaninglessness of it all.

Caio for now

No comments:

Post a Comment