Friday, September 07, 2012

First Day of Class

So I've told you about the other girls moving in and so far that's going great. I mean we aren't killing each other yet so that's got to be a good sign. We've had a couple little suppers together and that's been nice, I mean nothing complicated. If one of us is up we aren't loud, most of it's common courtesy. I think it'll be a good year :)

Yesterday was the first official day of class at King's. I only had one class yesterday and since it was the first day of class I thought it would be a quick in quick out type of class. I was wrong. We were there for the whole 3 hours of the scheduled lecture, it was a little ridiculous. But the professor is kind of cute so I'm not going to complain. I was actually surprised by how many people in the class I know, it was kind of refreshing to see the people I knew from last year, you know just to reaffirm the fact that I'm not a loner. I'm really glad school has started again, good to get my brain working. It'll help set up some sort of routine too.  I found the schedule for the drop-in classes at the campus gym so I think I'll start trying to go to some of them. Maybe try to talk the roommates or a friend or someone into going to one with me. 

On the work side of life it's pretty much the same as it was when I posted before. I got the manager's schedule for September and it was a little depressing. I didn't have any team leader shifts scheduled, I'm on the schedule but I don't have any shifts. I don't think that means I'm being demoted because I don't think they can just do that. Someone said it was maybe because that the restaurant manager didn't know my availability. Now that I have one in I should get scheduled for October, I just have to make sure to get my book offs in by September 15th, or I won't get them. On the plus side, I think they might be thinking of moving me up to swing. I'm only a part time team leader and I'm already in charge of both P.O.P. and they told me tonight I'm going to be in charge of the platinum card program (the thing that gives us all the discounts were somehow entitled too). I mean even part time swings aren't in charge of that. So I'm kind of hoping that comes with a promotion, or at least a really good raise. I mean who would turn down more money. I guess we'll have to see what happens, I'll let you know when it does.

Caio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment