Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crazy But Not Too Crazy Week

So I realize it's been almost a week since I wrote last but it's the first week of class, so I'm busy (and half of you probably are too) so I haven't had much of a chance to have a good chunk of time to sit here and write to you the good quality writing that I think all you deserve. Even now I'm still relaxing and watching television at the same time as I'm writing this. Classes have been good, if not exactly what I expected them to be. What I didn't expect was the fact that in my two thanatology classes (for those of you who do not know, that's the study of death, grief, and bereavement, and yes I realize has the potential to be a very depressing topic) the professors want us to have name tags (just in front of us on the desk). I can understand for the one class, because it does go all year so she might as well get to know us, but for the other I only have the class until December and then it's done and I don't know if I'll have the professor again. I mean this is university, I thought that type of thing was reserved for the beginning of high school.

The one class I am concerned about is my Math class. This isn't because I'm not good at math, once I understand the basic concepts I'm very capable of figuring out problems for myself. No, the reason I am so concerned about my Math class is because the teacher 1) has a horrible accent which makes things difficult enough, and 2) he explains things really weird and makes it sound considerably more complicated than it really is. It's so far an easy class so hopefully I'll be all right. If I do need help, there's a help center that operates at the library specifically for this class. The girl that runs it came into our class on the first day and she seems really nice and she said she explains things differently than the professor does, so that will be refreshing.

That's really all I can think to say about school. Um... at work it's been pretty basic. I mean we have coupons out right now so it's a little bit busier that it usually is but it's not unbearable. I can't remember if I told you or not, along with being in charge of POP (signage in the store) I am now also being put in charge of the platinum card program (a card for people that work at McDonald's that entitles them to the 50% off at McD's across Canada and various other businesses). My mom's concerned that I'll be too overloaded with work and I'll let school slip, but I'm a student first so if work starts to interfere I can cut back on my work a bit or tell them I can't do the platinum card thing or whatever I have to do. I'll all work.

Oooo. I just thought of something else, most people will think it's ridiculous but it was super exciting for me because this isn't really something I do on my own very often. I got up early this morning, like 5:30 in the am (that's not the exciting part) and I walked over to the school gym and did a Pilates class (be excited now). I've done Pilates before, and I really enjoy it. I like it because 1) it's a class so I can't leave part way through because I'm bored or don't feel like finishing 2) it's weight lifting almost but you use your body so it's challenging but not boring and 3) and it's really relaxing because it's based on like stretching so if you get the breathing right it's the most relaxing exercise ever (except maybe yoga but I've never tried yoga).
Well for real I can't think of anything else to say right now,

Caio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment